Visit the Alpacas
We offer the opportunity for young and old to come and visit these wonderful Camelids
We are open for appointments only so bookings are essential, you can either click HERE or email,text or call, please do this at least 24hours in advance so we can have everything set up for your arrival.
our open hours for visits will be from 9.30am until 2.30pm and will also be weather permitting.
We are located just 10mins from the main street in Eltham on the Rawhitiroa Road on route to the Scenic Lake Rotokare, We have lots a gorgeous Alpaca's, Llamas, Sheep, Miniature Cows to veiw.
Also lots of great photo opportunities and any questions answered. We will give you some good basic information on these wonderful animals.
We do not have public toilets on site. Please use the facilities by the Library before arrival.
General Terms and Conditions
- We, Moonacre Alpacas NZ (“the Operator”) appreciate your custom and aspire to provide a friendly, safe and memorable experience. By entering Moonacre Alpacas NZ, you, the visitor accept the following terms and conditions.
- Your account will be charged in New Zealand dollars.
- Moonacre Alpacas NZ is a working alpaca/dairy farm. The Operator advises that whilst all reasonable care is taken certain risks are present including;
- Open waterways
- animals that can kick
- Walking surfaces; and any other non-specified hazards, aspects, features or elements of Moonacre Alpacas NZ.
You are responsible for avoiding these risks and must exercise appropriate care at all times while at Moonacre Alpacas NZ and / or whilst participating in any activity offered by the Operator. By entering Moonacre Alpacas NZ you are acknowledging and accepting personal responsibility and liability for these and any other risks presented by Moonace Alpacas NZ and to the maximum extent allowed by the law you are releasing the Operator and its employees from any liability, and indemnifying them for any claims, losses, damages or expenses that arise in respect of the matters outlined or alluded to in this clause, including, but not limited to;
- Personal injury or death
- Property loss or damage
- Acts which may be construed as negligent and / or accidental
- Any other loss, harm, damage or suffering.
In the event that liability of any kind is attributed to the Operator, or its employees, such liability is limited to the amount paid for the ticket or admission to Moonace Alpacas NZ by the person to whom the Operator is liable.
- The Operator reserves the absolute right to cancel any service or activity or part of such at Moonacre Alpacas NZ due to weather conditions. The Operator will use its reasonable endeavours not to do this, but in the event that it is required the Operator shall have no liability to any party. The Operator will process a 100% refund if cancellation is due to weather conditions.
- Children visiting Moonacre Alpacas NZ must, at all times, be supervised by a responsible adult at a ratio of not more than 3 children to each such responsible supervisor.
- You must not bring pets or any other animals.
- You may only smoke in the designated smoking areas.
- The Operator reserves the right to deny access to or to remove from Moonacre Alpacas NZ any person or persons (whether holding tickets or not) who are considered to be or have the potential to be a nuisance or reckless, or disruptive or who are or are likely to fail to observe Moonacre Alpacas NZ directions (either signage or by staff). In such circumstances no refunds will be given.
- Any recording, whether visual, audio or both taken by you during your visit to Moonacre Alpacas NZ must be for personal use only. Any other use, including any commercial use without the express written permission of the Operator is strictly prohibited.
10. You agree that the laws of New Zealand apply exclusively to these terms and conditions and that the Courts of New Zealand have exclusive jurisdiction over them. You agree not to commence any Court action in any other jurisdiction in relation to these terms and conditions and to indemnify the Operator against any costs incurred in respect of your breaching this clause and these terms and conditions.